I want to let you know that we are closely monitoring information about the approaching winter storm. The latest information from the National Weather Service shows 1.9 inches of snow expected on Tuesday between noon and 6 pm. Based on this information, we don't see any need to change the school day on Tuesday. If the snowfall during the day on Tuesday should increase significantly, we would look at the possibility of an early dismissal. If we need an early dismissal, we would announce it through an emergency phone call by mid-morning on Tuesday. Please visit the district's website at www.ipsd.org for up to date information related to this storm. You can also find details on how we announce school closing information online at School Closing Information.
In anticipation of the snow heading our way District 204 has recommended that all after-school events at Brooks be canceled on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.
Our PTA Board Meeting, scheduled for Wednesday evening, is canceled.
ISAT Club is canceled and will meet again this Thursday.
A determination has not yet been made about outside groups (ex: evening sporting events). We will inform you if a decision is made about these groups.
School has not been canceled as of this time. If that were to occur, decisions are usually made early in the morning and would be communicated via phone messages and email messages as well as on the District website.